Sunday, December 2, 2007


There is nothing better in this world than waking up to 10-15 cm of snow and knowing that you have no where you need to be today (and having a baby who decides to let you sleep in until 8:30 isn't too bad either!) to make your Sunday a wonderful one!!

We have had a wonderful lazy day playing around and recuperating from a busy week of illness. I'm still sick but luckily Sebastian is now on the mends and Jamie has managed to be well through all of this sickness mayhem. Hopefully this means that none of us will be ill during the holidays! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that one!

Our Saturday was also spent relaxing with Uncle Dan and Auntie Alice who joined us for breakfast and lunch. Sebastian was quite comical acting all shy in front of Dan and Alice and as much as I hate saying that a toddler is "flirting" with someone, Sebastian was definitely a little googly-eyed for Alice. I've never quite seen him like this before but it was quite evident that he enjoyed having her around! Guess I won't have to worry about having Sebastian misbehaving when Auntie Alice is over! =)

We're supposed to be getting more snow tonight once the rain stops so hopefully the weather won't be too bad tomorrow as I really do want to get out tomorrow with Sebastian to play in the snow. I think we may have to try some tobogganing this year, which of course means that I need to get out and buy a toboggan! I can't begin to explain how much fun it is being able to do kid stuff all over again!

Actually...I never really stopped acting like a kid but now I don't get those odd looks by people passing by. Okay, I should clarify that I don't get those odd looks as often as I used to, except every now and then someone will look at me as if they're saying "Don't worry, I know you're only using your kid as an excuse to get away with acting like this!" And I just smile back because I know they're jealous! *laugh*

And Jamie will be the first to tell you it was I who was jumping up and down in Sebastian's room with glee this morning shouting "It snowed! It snowed!" and doing my snow dance (yes, I have a snow dance). But don't worry... You see, I'm teaching Sebastian all the intricacies of being a kid...and next winter we'll be jumping up and down together. =)

Wishing everyone a Monday full of playful moments,
Kim

1 comment:

Kim said...

By the way...I consider the picture of Sebastian to be our young Jedi in training. =)