Friday, December 28, 2007

May I please have some cheese to go with my whine???


What a holiday! First off, I apologize for not updating the blog sooner... I feel that I missed Christmas this year, which was one of the reasons why I haven't updated the blog until now.

After our eventful night with Sebastian getting sick and my relief that he was ill prior to the holidays, I spent the weekend getting all of us ready to head to "the Farm" (Jamie's parent's) for Christmas. Early afternoon Christmas Eve Jamie was busy packing the car and I was standing in the middle of our living room cuddling with Sebastian, when it happened once again... he vomited! All over himself and me, which included our very nice Christmas Eve clothes!!

I think I stood in the middle of the living room in shock for a bit, hoping that Jamie would come into the house and save me from the mess. It took a bit before I realized that Jamie wasn't going to be coming back into the house anytime soon, so I did the only thing I knew... I plopped Sebastian in the bathtub.....

An hour and a half later, after reassurances that kids get sick and it wasn't a big deal, we were on our way to Paris to the grandparents house to spend our Christmas Eve. Well, I should have gone with my gut instinct and stayed home because that night I started vomiting and was unwell until Boxing Day morning. As a result, I missed Christmas dinner and the Christmas pudding (So if anyone has leftovers they want to send my way let me know!! Ha!) and wasn't able to spend the Christmas that I had envisioned we were going to have as a family.


However, I am not whining (really!). I was able to sit and watch Sebastian open his gifts and play with them...and I know Sebastian had a wonderful time. And Jamie, of course, is my hero - not only did he take care of Sebastian for the entire day he also managed to take care of me too.

Unfortunately whatever it was that we had (I think it was just a nasty ol' stomach virus) it was highly contagious... Seems like it's made it's way through the family and as a result of this we chose to not go down to Fort Erie to spend Christmas with my family until after the New Year. We'll be heading down next weekend so I'll post some pics from that adventure when we return.







No comments: