Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Spoon!

(And no, to those who know me, this entry isn't about the Tick!)

Wednesday marked Sebastian's 15 month birthday! Happy Birthday! To celebrate I sang Happy Birthday to Sebastian all the way home on Wednesday. It was the only song to which he sung along... If I changed the tune he began to protest, so I kept singing. I'm wondering how long I'm going to keep up celebrating his birthday every month? I have visions of him being 19, away at school and me calling him up on the 19th of each month just to wish him a happy birthday. Let's see...the month after his 19th birthday I'll be wishing him a happy 229th month birthday! Now let's hope I did my math correct there...it's one thing to do poorly in math but another when you're keeping a blog and everyone can see your blunder!

This month I've noticed a marked difference in Sebastian's interactions with other children. He is now approaching them and initiating conversation. Unfortunately, the other children have no idea what he's saying, but he's trying! Sebastian is also attempting to run, which is nerve racking at times, and his vocabulary is growing daily.

The other new nifty thing that our lil' grub is doing is refusing to eat unless he has a utensil. Of course this means mealtimes are now taking longer but it's neat watching Sebastian use a spoon and I'm amazed at how quickly his skills have developed! I even gave him a fork the other night, demonstrating how to use it, and he quickly caught on. The picture below was actually taken from this morning's escapades with his yogurt. He normally doesn't make much of a mess when using the spoon but this pic was too funny not to share!


Check out those teeth!! I don't think I've seen another toddler with such gargantuan teeth!

Side Note: Jamie clarified earlier today that the reason why Sebastian's face was so messy was because he was trying to lick the yogurt out of the cup. So I guess it wasn't his use of the spoon after all! Oh well!

No comments: