Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We're going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo....


Today Sebastian and I spent our morning at the zoo. The weather was absolutely beautiful and I realized just how much I love the Fall. I love it so much in fact that I'm pretty confident I can say it's my favourite season. However, this isn't about me...

While at the zoo we went to the Stingray Exhibit where Sebastian watched the Stingray's swim around and I was actually able to pet quite a few. Sebastian was a little timid of them, as he would withdraw his hand from the water whenever one approached, but it's not surprising as they move so effortlessly throughout the water and there was quite a lot of people around. And for those who have never had the experience of petting a stingray, the best word to use to describe how they feel is squishy. Very squishy.



We didn't get through the whole zoo... It took us two hours to get up to the Gorillas and by that time we were both hungry and Sebastian was beginning to yawn from all the fresh air and exercise. I am hoping to go again sometime in the near future and hopefully will start in the opposite direction next time. Poor Sebastian though...he had a hard time leaving as he began to cry stating he didn't want to go. I told him that it was lunch and naptime for the animals and that seemed to work. We weren't even at the 401 and my lil' animal was fast asleep. In fact, he's still sleeping now!

Hoping everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather!
Kim

No comments: