Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body"

Today Sebastian and I spent our morning at the newly renovated Sir Walter Stewart library. The library has been closed for the past 2 years for renovations and I've been anxiously waiting for it to reopen as it's a much nicer walk than the library at Coxwell and Danforth.

Anyways, I wish I had taken pics of the new space. We loved it!! There is a very cool rocket ship that Sebastian and I sat and read in, a beautiful closed sitting area for small children, computers where you can listen to stories with headphones, colourful chairs and sitting areas, and lots of neat activities. I even purchased a little book bag for Sebastian so that as he gets older he can carry his own books!

It's mornings like this that make me regret having to work...even when it's only part-time!

Hoping everyone is enjoying their day,
Kim

p.s. On a totally different subject, Sebastian has now gone to the potty two more times! He has initiated it both times and just sits on the potty as content as can be. I'm telling myself not to get my hopes up that he's toilet training already, as right now it's probably just the novelty (once he goes pees it's really hard to persuade him to get off the toilet!), but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: