Sunday, June 15, 2008

Celebrating the wonderful person we call dad

On Saturday morning we attended the last class of our Rainbow Music Class. We really enjoyed this class (and I say "we" as Jamie and I alternated taking Sebastian) and were sad that it was our last class, as unfortunately their summer sessions do not fit with my work schedule.

Sebastian has really taken a liking to music and I am not too sure if this interest is par for the course, in terms of child development, or if the music class brought it out in him. Regardless, it's so neat watching Sebastian recognize songs and do his best to sing him. He even makes requests now for us to sing certain songs to them! His favourites at the moment are "Hey Now, Brown Cow" (a Rainbow Songs original), Frere Jacques, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Hello Everybody (another Rainbow Songs original). I'm sure we'll register again for this music class in September...along with Sportsball. Nothing like keeping ourselves busy!!

We then headed to Oshawa to spend the afternoon with our friends Kim and Christa celebrating Griffin's 3rd birthday. It was great being able to celebrate Griffin's birthday with them, as this was the first formal birthday party that Sebastian was invited to, and it was neat watching Sebastian interact with the other little children. Tomorrow (Monday) is actually Griffin's birthday so..Happy 3rd Birthday Griffin!!!

And that brings us to today... Today marked Jamie's 2nd Father's Day. To celebrate the occasion we had a lazy day playing in the yard with Sebastian and enjoying homemade waffles, sausage and fruit for brunch out on the back deck.

Later this afternoon,after the storm clouds had rolled in, Jamie, Sebastian and I went out on the front porch and enjoyed the thunderstorm. Once again I was reminded of how motherhood has put my acting skills to the test...thunder scares the #$%# out of me!! However, despite my own fears we now have a son who starts singing the "Thunder" song (kudos again to Rainbow Songs) whenever he hears thunder and we even danced in the rain!! And you know what...thunder really isn't all that bad when you're surrounded by your family.

Although the day was low-key it really was a nice way to end the busy weekend and celebrate how lucky we are to have Jamie in our lives. He really is a great dad and I know that when Sebastian becomes a man he's going to appreciate and love his dad as much as Jamie appreciates and loves his own.

"My father didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it" - Clarence B. Kelland

To all the dad's out there...Happy Father's Day!

No comments: