Monday, June 9, 2008

Potty

Wow. What an exhausting day. After a shopping adventure this morning, in which Sebastian napped during the entire time and thus missed his nap this afternoon, we decided to stay indoors and pass the time reading and playing quietly. At one point Sebastian told me he wanted to go pee...he's never said this before...and he even went and stood at the bottom of the stairs with his hand held out for me to take.

Well, I took his cue and upstairs we went to the washroom. Once there Sebastian did indeed want to strip down and sit on the potty. Once I taught Sebastian the basics of "keep it pointing down at all times!" he just sat there...for a very long time! He'd switch potties every now and again (we have 2, don't ask!) and even attempted to sit on the toilet (for those who asked, he prefers the garage sale find from my parents over the one I bought!).

During this time I read a number of books to him and it was quite cute to see him sitting on the potty perusing a book. I also spent some time signing with Sebastian...I would do the sign for a particular animal and ask him what it was and he knew it! I had no idea that Sebastian actually learned the signs! We always do the sign for an animal, if we know it, while saying the name of the animal so it threw me for a good loop when out of the blue Sebastian started verbalizing the signs back...considering I can't recall him ever doing a sign for an animal.



Anyways, I'm digressing... After 45 minutes of potty hopping and nearly falling asleep myself I told Sebastian I'd be right back. I went into his room to look out of his window and shortly thereafter Sebastian came in saying "mommy pee" with his hand held out for me to take. I told him that yes I knew he wanted to go pee and went back into the bathroom with him.

What I didn't know was that Sebastian went pee! He brought me back in to show me what he did!! And in the potty too! Guess he has a shy bladder like me... Next time, I'll just leave the room sooner!

1 comment:

Pierrette said...

A big congratulations to Sebastian :-)