Friday, April 16, 2010

Sleepover!

Last Saturday, almost a week ago now, Sebastian had his very first sleep over away from home!!

The last time Jamie and I had spent a night without Sebastian was almost over two years ago when we had spent a night at the Windsor Arms Hotel in Toronto to celebrate our Anniversary. At that point in time Nonee and Papa came to our house and stayed the night with Sebastian. If my memory serves me right he managed pretty well. He undoubtedly survived the night and so did we.

Well, for the past little while Sebastian has initiated conversation about having a sleepover at his grandparents. As we're now approximately 20 minutes away we felt much more comfortable with this idea and last Saturday we used the occasion of our friend Shawn, who now resides in Montreal, being in Toronto for Sebastian to have that sleepover at his grandparents.

Needless to say, when we went to pick Sebastian up the next morning he was in great spirits and apparently had a wonderful time only asking for me when he went to bed and upon waking (our cuddle times). He was asleep by 8:30 p.m., which was only an hour later than normal, and actually slept in until approx. 7:30!! Now, if only I had that great of a sleep... I was up at 4 a.m., 5 a.m. and 6 a.m. I finally managed to fall back asleep by 7 only to wake up for the day at 8:30! So much for sleeping in (and I had a slight hangover to boot!)!!

Anyways, there will indeed be a next time (haven't told that to Nonee and Papa yet!) and I think being so close and being able to see his grandparents more frequently has really helped Sebastian feel much more secure being in their care. However, next time I think Jamie and I are going to go out for dinner and a movie and be in bed by 10 so that we actually get a good nights sleep!

No comments: