Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Blast from the Past

Sebastian and I ventured out today to attend our play group at Gymboree. Initially I didn't want to go, seeing that it was calling for snow and it had been so cold out. But seeing that we spent all of yesterday cooped up in the house (I'm allergic to the cold) I knew I had to get Sebastian out today to not only get some fresh, albeit cold air, but to also get some interaction with others and to burn off some energy. So we braved the cold, which really wasn't all too bad, and went to our class. Besides having to drive in the beginning of the storm I'm glad we went. Sebastian's cabin fever dissipated with his ability to climb, explore and run around at Gymboree and after lunch he settled down for a nice long nap!

The rest of the day was somewhat quiet. We played ball and while playing I realized that Sebastian is going to be the ultimate throw-in person in soccer. I have no idea if there's an actual name for the person who throws the ball in from the sidelines during a soccer game, but that's what he's going to be good at. He basically puts the ball behind his head and with the count of 3 it goes flying ahead of him. He seriously looks like he's taking a throw-in! Unfortunately some thing is going to break one of these days... hopefully it won't be something of mine! *laugh*

We also spent some time looking at pictures of him on the computer. It's neat watching him realize that the picture he is looking at is himself. He gets this odd look in his eye and a look that makes it seem he wants to smile but he doesn't want to. Pride is the only word I can think of to explain it. While perusing the pics I figured I'd blog about it and share a few I took on his 8 month birthday. I'm shocked at how small he looks! Man he's such a cutie (yes, I'm one of those mamas!)! I made the pictures "small" so just click on them if you would like to see a larger version.

Cheers,
Kim

No comments: