Friday, October 19, 2007

Today marked Sebastian's very first time at his home care providers without me. I dropped him off shortly after 8:30 a.m. and he just stared at me as I backed down her driveway trying my best not to cry. I've been in denial for a long time that I'm going to have to put my trust into another person to care for him so that I can return to hell...err, I mean work, but I guess I can't deny it any further. And it's true what people say... it is definitely much harder on the mom than it is on the child. Sebastian didn't even cry!

Once home I managed to wash some of Sebastian's toys, throw some laundry in the machine and sweep & mop the kitchen floor. I then had some coffee and relaxed on the computer before heading out to Canadian Tire to do some shopping. It was really enjoyable being at Canadian Tire on my own, but it wasn't the same without Sebastian. I wasn't able to go "zoom zoom" with my cart or act all silly & such. Well, actually I could have done that but I chose not too...

I then went to meet up with Evelyn and the kids at the Ontario Early Years Centre. Upon entering my heart sank when I couldn't find Sebastian but I was then told that he was in the washroom with Evelyn. It took him a sec or two to register that I was there but when he did he almost leapt off of the change table!! Which was great except for the fact that Evelyn was trying to put a new diaper on him and his bum was bare! Lesson learned: if Evelyn is changing his diaper, wait until she is done.

We stayed for a bit at the centre to sing with the group and listen to a story and it was really neat to watch Sebastian sitting in Evelyn's lap. He would look at me and smile but it just reinforced that we picked a great caregiver for him. So, as much as I feel Sebastian should be with me and that work can take a hike... I'm glad to know that he's in such good hands.

As we were leaving Evelyn also gave me Sebastian's very first craft. When I have a moment I'll take a picture of it and then add it to this post. I think it's supposed to be a ghost.

Now let's just hope that I continue to handle our separations well! I have no doubt that Sebastian is going to be just fine.

And of course, the lil' pumpkin is fast asleep after being tuckered out from this mornings events. He fell asleep in the car on the way home and has been out since 11:45...1.5 hours at this moment.

Anyways, I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend. We have swimming tomorrow and then we're off to Oshawa to go to the pumpkin patch with Kim, Christa and Griffin on Sunday. Looks like the weather will be amazing on Sunday... 21 degrees. Crazy!

Cheers,
Kim

No comments: