Sunday, October 14, 2007


I've been feeling quite delinquent lately in the blogging department, so I apologize to those who actually read this blog on a regular basis. I just don't seem to have a lot of energy at the moment, so I'm going to keep this entry short with the hope that I may actually be able to have a nap while Sebastian is napping today (for those who know me, this is nearly an impossible task... I never nap).

Sebastian had his one year check up late last week and no concerns were noted. He got his usual beautiful baby comments from the staff and wait room patrons as we waited and I must admit, I will never tire of hearing people tell me what big beautiful eyes this boy has! I was surprised to find out that he only weighs 19lbs 11 oz, but I guess he makes up for it in height as he's 31.75" long! The good news is that since he's still under 23 pounds I can keep him in the rear facing position in the car for a tad bit longer. He fits all the other requirements according to the manufacturer to turn the car seat around, but since facing the rear is ultimately the safest position for a baby we're going to keep him that way for as long as we can!

On Saturday we went to our Guardian swim class where Jamie & Sebastian took to the water while I sat with the other dad's and watched. Sebastian is such a water baby... he doesn't seem to mind any water on his face and he loves standing on the edge of the pool, with Jamie's help of course, and jumping into the pool. He also loves to splash and kick his legs and has been dunked numerous times with out seeming to mind at all!

On Sunday we had a lovely visit with Jim & Christine (a.k.a., Nonee & Papa). We celebrated Papa's birthday by taking a trek downtown to MEC and returning late in the afternoon to have a wonderful dinner topped off with cheesecake for dessert. Yum! Sebastian had not been on the subway for quite some time, and since most stations are not wheelchair accessible I usually put him in the ergo baby carrier when we go, so he had some difficulty adjusting to being on the subway in his stroller. I'm sure us going "choo choo" didn't help either as anyone who's been on the subway knows that it doesn't sound like a real train! Oh well.. he was much more relaxed on the way home.

Hope everyone is well,
Kim

No comments: