Monday, September 10, 2007


"WARNING: Some re-assembly of priorities and beliefs may be required."

I saw that quote while perusing through this month's Canadian Living. There is a picture of a baby and the quote is on their hospital bracelet and I couldn't help but think about how true and how fitting this quote is at the moment. I've been finding that as the days creep closer to Sept. 19th I've been doing a lot of thinking about how Sebastian's birth has changed my life. I'm not prepared to get too overly emotional or anything like that on this blog, but I am going to sit down and write him a note to go into his scrapbook/photo album that he can read when he gets older on this subject. The only word I can use at the moment to describe any of it is "raw". And it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is very different from anything else that I have ever experienced... and it's weird how such a little being can have such a huge impact.

However, I actually wanted to blog again because I forgot to mention yesterday that Sebastian had his very first birthday party on the labour day weekend in Fort Erie. We went down on Saturday and stayed at Shari & Dave's where we were able to spend some time with the kids, whom we hadn't seen since they returned from Austria, and then on Sunday we went to nana's for dinner. The above picture is one I took of Sebastian having his very first piece of cake. I will be attempting to bake him another cake for this upcoming weekend when we will be having a birthday party for him with friends, followed by his actual birthday on the 19th. Nonee, Papa, Shari, Dave, Kassandra and Jeremy are also planning on coming in to celebrate the day with us on the 19th. It should be fun!

I had also forgot to mention that the picture of Sebastian in the spiffy red stroller in my last post is just one of the presents he got from his grandma and grandpa. It's the Quinny Zapp and it's a great little stroller for zipping around and very compact, and we've had tons of compliments on it. We still use our Peg Perego for our major outings though as the Zapp has no storage basket, but again, if you just want to get out for a walk it's absolutely amazing.

Well, I gotta run...time to get motoring to get to our Gymboree music class (and of course, Sebastian is currently napping!!) Hope everyone is having a good Monday!
Kim

No comments: