Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Sweetness of his Soul

Ever since I can remember Sebastian has been a very sensitive and intuitive child and I hope as he gets older we will be able to continue to nurture him so that he grows up to be a sensitive and intuitive adult.

It's hard for people who don't see him on a regular basis to see this side of his personality so I wanted to write about something that happened earlier today that demonstrates the sweetness of his soul....

Today was Sebastian's Great-Nana's birthday.  If she was still here with us we would have been celebrating her 85th birthday today (Sebastian and her were 80 years apart).  Well we have a photo album of Nana sitting on our one side table.  It's been there since her death and it's filled with 'memories' of Nana.

Well Sebastian has not paid much attention to this album since Nana's death last September and I have no memory of him ever actually looking at it.  Today he picked up the photo album and brought it over to me on the couch and said, "Let's remember Nana and talk about her memory."

I don't know if it was intuition or just consequence, and it doesn't really matter, as Sebastian was not told what today was.  What mattered was just how sweet and innocent it was for Sebastian to want to sit down with me to look at the pictures of his Great-Nana on the day of her birth.  We sat there together and looked at her pictures and remembered our loving Nana. And as I've said to Sebastian in the past, a person is never truly gone as long as they remain in our hearts and I'm so thankful that Sebastian still holds his Nana in his heart.



No comments: