Haven't blogged for a few weeks so I thought I'd do something a little different. The following has been going around Facebook for quite some time now and I thought it may be interesting to actually answer the questions and post it on our site for Sebastian to see one day.
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? Excited and Nervous
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 31
5.HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? Pregnancy test - I had uncharacteristically snapped at Jamie the previous day and figured if I wasn't pregnant then something was definitely wrong with me, so I picked up a test and voila!
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Jamie
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? No
8. DUE DATE? September 25, 2006
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Not really. I had nausea but I never vomited.
10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Milk, peanut butter cups and fruit... A LOT of fruit!
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Nothing much. The loss of my ankles at 5 months along was pretty irritating but overall, I loved being pregnant!
Putting my feet up at work and running the risk of not getting my shoes back on! I'd only see my ankles once a day...first thing in the morning.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Never – I was happy with whatever gender the baby was as long as they were healthy
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 30
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew
17. NURSERY THEME? Don't really have a theme – it's yellow and green with accents of blue
18. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Nothing really except swollen ankles (see #11).
19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Toronto East General
20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 24 hours, 14 minutes
21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Jamie
22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Jamie, 3 midwives, doctor, pediatrician, and nurse
23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? Natural
24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? See #20.... after 12 hours of back labour I welcomed the relief
27. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 8lbs 12 ounces (midwife was about to put him on the scale and I told her how much he weighed - I was right!)
28. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? September 19, 2006 @ 5:14 p.m.
30. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER? Sebastian James Whitehouse (the first)
31. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 2.5 years