Wednesday, March 5, 2008

It's All Going to the Dogs...

On our way home from work tonight Sebastian and I were stopped at a red light. Sebastian kept saying "dog" "dog" over and over again but I couldn't find a dog in sight. Just as the light turned green I looked up to my right and saw a billboard advertising 101 Dalmatians. I exclaimed, "Yes honey you're right, those are dogs" but secretly thought to myself, "Damn Disney! Stay away from my son!" It was my awareness of the media having an impact on Sebastian that freaked me out, not that he has a clue what 101 Dalmatians are or anything like that. But it left me to question, how does one raise a free thinker in a world in which our thoughts are manipulated by external influences?

Oh well...I'm thinking too much again....it was just 101 Dalmations and it's not like animators ever write words in the stars. =P

3 comments:

Kim said...

uh... are you trying to be all intellectual sounding now too? stop thinking, and just be. god woman. it has been too long since you have seen me. get your head out of your ass. =)

btw... its just a dog. well... 101 of them.

hmmm... thanks for giving me an idea for a present for joker though! LOL.

Kim said...

also... its pretty ironic that you put a pic up after your little rant about joker seeing a pic...

are you spending too much time at home? are you turning into my wife?

Kim said...

*laugh* I "knew" you would reply to that!! First off, the post was supposed to be kinda funny...and secondly I couldn't help it...I don't like a lot of Disney stuff. Of course kids don't understand a lot of the stuff that irk me but the mere fact that I have to sit through it! And seriously though..when is it okay to teach a kid that you can just walk up to a sleeping woman and kiss her. It's called assault! And don't even get me started on the Lion King! :P

Now that my lil' rant is done I'm going to take the wife thing as a compliment. =)

p.s., Would Griff like the 101 Dalmatians Special Edition?