Friday, August 31, 2007


I'm having a bittersweet moment...or at least, I think that is what you would call it.

Today I have begun the countdown to Sebastian's first birthday. 19 days to go! And today marks Geoff and Pierrette's first ultrasound where they get to see their lil' bean (or two???) for the very first time. It reminds me of how excited and happy Jamie and I were when we caught our first glimpse of Sebastian and how it wasn't until that moment that I fully accepted that there was another living being inside of me. It doesn't seem so long ago but yet it was.... my little baby is going to be 1 soon and Geoff and Pierrette are just about to embark on the adventure of a lifetime and I don't know where the time went. Okay. That's not exactly true. I know where the time went, I just wish it didn't go by so quickly.

Of course, I also realize that the fun has only just begun and that we have so many new things to look forward to. For example, the other day while I was feeding Sebastian dinner he was looking outside at the bus across the street when he looked at me and said "bus"! Now, the "s" wasn't pronounced so it was more like "bu", but it was "bus" all the same as he looked at me with that "and just how proud of me are you?" look on his face. Twenty minutes later when the next bus rolled up, he looked at me and said "bu" again! So now we have "bus" to add to the list of words he says!

Sorry this is such a short update but Sebastian is napping and I have a slew of things to do before he awakes! We are heading to Fort Erie to celebrate Sebastian's birthday with my family this weekend so hopefully I'll have time to provide an update on the birthday festivities when we return.

Stay safe.
Kim

No comments: