Thursday, July 12, 2007


As I'm writing this Sebastian is upstairs having his afternoon nap and I'm sitting on the couch munching on carrots and hummus. Yum. We are currently, or shall I say I am, in the midst of getting ourselves prepared to leave on Saturday to go the cottage for a week. My co-worker James has been gracious enough to rent out his cottage in Tiny ON (Penetenguishine) to us and we're going to be joined by our friends Kim and Christa and their little boy Griffin for the first few days.

As this is our first official family vacation with Sebastian we are really looking forward to getting out of the city and spending time relaxing with him. Right now the only things we really have planned is to go into Awenda Provincial Park and visit with our Aunt Lynda and Uncle Vince one afternoon as well as travel to Midland to the Wye Marsh Wildlife Centre. Other than that, you will find us at the lake directly across from the cottage or just lazying about and playing with Sebastian. I can't wait!!

I'm also looking forward to Jamie being able to experience the fun and enjoyment that I get by spending my days with Sebastian. Right now Jamie only gets about 2 hours a day to spend with him, one hour in the morning and an hour before bed, and it will be so nice to see him have the time to enjoy Sebastian as much as I do. Not that he doesn't enjoy his time, especially on the weekends, but the weekends go so fast!

Speaking of our lil' pumpkin, because I do realize you don't read this to hear about how I'm doing (!!), he's doing great. Sebastian has now started giving out kisses, albeit very sloppy open mouthed ones, and he is now beginning to develop his own sense of humour. It's really neat to watch him do something and then look at me with that gleam in his eye before he starts to laugh at his own actions. It was amazing this week when I realized that I was actually sharing a laugh with my son for the first time!

Well, nap time is almost over. We're going to be spending the rest of the afternoon with friends at the splashpad. Hope everyone has a good week and since the laptop is staying home (a week without the computer!!) I will hopefully have a nice update on our vacation when we return!

Stay well.
Kim

No comments: