Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Frog Pond!


About two weeks ago now I decided to be adventurous and go on a trek with Sebastian on his new balancing bike. The bike isn't too new per se, as we purchased it around Easter time, but he's been slow to taking a liking to it since it's so much easier for him to push along on his tricycle. However, as I've been encouraging his use of the bike I decided it would be neat to go for a long walk to the mailbox, which entails just walking along the path behind the houses on the next street over.

Anyways, it was quite the adventure. As there's a downhill leading on to the path Sebastian dismounted his bike and started skipping merrily along until he landed flat on his face! Luckily he didn't hit his head and with some kleenex and a water bottle I was able to wipe up the blood. He now has two skinned knees and an elbow and I thought for sure he'd just want to come right home, but I was pleasantly surprised when he said no. So we continued on our journey to the mailbox with an hour's break at the pond enjoying the frogs (and a turtle that we spotted).

It was a great morning, hot but not too hot, and I thought I'd take the moment to share some of the pics as well as a video of Sebastian saying hello to a frog that I thought was pretty cute/funny.





No comments: